Links We Love
Disney characters falling down, how to survive an elevator crash and more links we love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Disney characters fall down at Disneyland. My dad always asks, "Why is it so funny when people fall down?" Although we don't know the answer to that question, we do know that a compilation video of people in giant Disney character costumes falling down in the middle of the Magic Kingdom is even funnier.
2. Mike Birbiglia spills water all over himself during the Tonight Show. Being on the Tonight Show is no doubt nerve-racking. But when comedian Mike Birbiglia spills the complimentary cup of water on himself during his interview with Jimmy Fallon, he handles it in the best — and most hilarious — way possible.
3. How to survive if you're trapped in a free-falling elevator. Slate asks experts the best way to survive if you are in an elevator and find yourself falling straight down à la the Tower of Terror. (Hint: It's not jumping in the air at the last possible second.)
4. Inside Greenpoint Fish & Lobster Co. And now for something a little different. This Design*Sponge sneak peek of an adorable oyster restaurant in Brooklyn is motivation enough to get us on the next flight to JFK.
5. Brian Williams reports daughter's new gig on NBC Nightly News. News anchor (and our favorite 30 Rock guest star) Brian Williams announced that his daughter, Girls actress Allison Williams, will be playing the lead role in NBC's Peter Pan live telecast later this year. His story is adorable.