Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Glitzy Uptown Dallas bar moves to where the action is: Deep Ellum. Deep Ellum literally gets a piece of Uptown Dallas, with the looming migration of Citizen Dallas, a glossy bar on Fairmount that's relocating to a vintage building at 2511 Swiss Ave., right by the Deep Ellum DART Rail station.
2. This house for sale near Dallas-Fort Worth comes with its own backyard racetrack. Do you feel the need for speed? Then you might want to check out a house for sale near Dallas-Fort Worth that features a full-size racetrack in the backyard. The house, at 9120 Performance Ct., backs up to a full-scale, 1.7-mile racetrack at the Villas at MotorSport Ranch subdivision in the suburb of Cresson, an hour southwest of Dallas.
3. New bar in Deep Ellum is just the thing if you want to get crafty. A new bar where you can make crafts while you sip is coming to town. Called Upstairs Circus, it's a Denver-based bar-meets-shop-class concept opening its first outlet in Dallas, in Deep Ellum.
4. Reese Witherspoon's Southern boutique sweetens up DFW shopping destination. On August 2, Southlake Town Square teased a major retailer announcement on social media with a picture of sweetheart celebrity Reese Witherspoon. Then it quietly dropped a post that was met with many googly heart eyes and wild applause emojis: Witherspoon's Draper James boutique will be opening in the fall, it said.
5. Fresh fast Mexican concept opens restaurant at Dallas' Casa Linda Plaza. An up-and-coming Mexican concept that loosely follows the Chipotle style is opening in East Dallas' most revered center. Chiloso Mexican Grill, which has six locations around DFW, is preparing to open another, this one at Casa Linda Plaza.