This Week's Hot Headlines
Filipino fried chicken flies into this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Filipino chain comes to Dallas area with fried chicken and spaghetti. An international chain specializing in fried chicken is making its Dallas-area debut. Called Jollibee, it's a chain from the Philippines that is making a big push to expand its American presence, including a restaurant in Plano at 1016 Preston Rd., in a space previously occupied by a Pollo Tropical location.
2. College sweethearts set the bar high on fun at their downtown Dallas wedding. Sara Lavi and Brock Webberman set a high standard when they began planning their spring wedding. Their goal: Host the most fun wedding anyone in attendance had ever been to. And their guests were not disappointed.
3. Deep Ellum restaurant specializing in French fries says its goodbyes. It's a dark day for anyone who loves French fries, which is duh everyone: The first, nay the only, Dallas location of Get Fried Fry Cafe, a quick-serve restaurant that offers French fries with gourmet toppings, has closed.
4. Decadent sandwich shop from California debuts in Dallas' Arts District. A "better sandwich" shop based in California is expanding to Dallas: Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market is opening its first area location adjacent to Dallas' Arts District, joining the buzzy 2000 Ross building.
5. Jurassic World jumps off screens and into arenas with tour coming to Dallas. Just as it did with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Feld Entertainment is taking Jurassic World off of movie screens and into arenas across the United States with a tour that will come to American Airlines Center, August 6-9, 2020.