This week's hot headlines
Dallas-Fort Worth inflation woes lead this week's 5 most-read stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Dallas-Fort Worth ranked No. 1 with highest inflation rate in the U.S. Inflation has certainly rattled the national economy, but some cities are feeling that sting harder than others — especially Dallas-Fort Worth. According to new study by personal finance experts WalletHub, Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington has been saddled with the No. 1 highest inflation rate in the U.S.
2. City south of Dallas is expected to be best place to see big eclipse. A city 30 miles south of Dallas promises it'll have the best view of the big eclipse, coming up on April 8: Ennis, which already has a number of feathers in its cap including its reputation as the Official Bluebonnet City and Trail of Texas, is staking a claim that its view of the Great North American Eclipse will be the best in Texas.
3. Pro football player to open restaurant venue in Dallas Hard Rock Cafe space. There's a high-profile restaurant with celebrity athlete ties coming to Dallas' Victory Park area: Called 9NINE Kitchen & Lounge, it's a new venture from football player Matthew Judon, a four-time Pro Bowl linebacker, set to open in the former Hard Rock Cafe space at 2211 N. Houston St.
4. Acclaimed Indian restaurant in downtown Dallas deploys spicy spinoff in Allen. An acclaimed Indian restaurant in downtown Dallas is expanding northward: Shivas Bar and Grill, which has been wowing Dallas diners with its expertly made Indian dishes since 2014, is spinning off a second location at Watters Creek Village in Allen, at 968 Village Green Dr.
5. Best Dallas restaurants for dining out on Valentine's Day in 2024. We're barely through the holidays and here is Valentine's Day, beating down our door. On this list, the specials are available on February 14 unless otherwise noted. Anticipate that more restaurants will be added to this list as the big day draws closer.