Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. 5 things you never would have guessed about the Real Housewives of Dallas. In advance of their April 11 premiere on Bravo, the Real Housewives of Dallas stopped by the CultureMap offices to sip pink champagne, show off their style, and dish about life in front of the cameras.
2. A delightful weekend escape awaits just a short drive from Dallas. We need quick getaways to recharge our batteries, and one of the easiest go-tos is Granbury. About an hour-and-a-half drive from downtown Dallas, the Hood County seat gives us a great dose of food and drink, fun places to poke around on the square, a lovely night's sleep, and sublime hints of Hill Country scenery.
3. California sushi chain takes Plano for a whirl with first Texas restaurant. A kitschy-fun sushi concept from Japan is headed for Texas. Kula Revolving Sushi Bar will open two branches north of Dallas, including one in Plano this spring.
4. Powerhouse Dallas bar team graduates to restaurant big time in Deep Ellum. The team behind Club Dada, City Tavern, and Off the Record is adding a distinctive new concept to its menagerie with Independent Bar & Kitchen, opening in Deep Ellum in spring 2016.
5. Devoted young philanthropists restore grand Dallas gala to full bloom. There was little chance those attending the Yellow Rose Gala wouldn’t shed a tear during the evening. But that’s to be expected when event chairman Fallon Wynne Way, herself a new mother, resurrected one of the city’s most cherished charitable events to carry on her mother’s legacy.