This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Most famous estate in North Texas expands as wedding and event venue. The largest, and — some might say — most famous estate in North Texas once known as Champ d’Or is officially now a wedding and events venue called Olana. Yes, brides are now getting dressed in a master closet fashioned after the Chanel boutique in Paris.
2. 2 Dallas couples join Lifetime reality show about marrying millionaires. Two couples in Dallas are the latest locals to air their personal lives on reality TV, via a new docuseries on Lifetime. Called Marrying Millions, the show premieres on Wednesday, July 10, with 10 episodes on order.
3. Dallas Tex-Mex restaurant Primo's returns with new surprise owner. Beloved former local Tex-Mex haunt Primo's Tex-Mex will reopen in its original Uptown Dallas location late this summer, but as an evolved concept with new owners and a new name.
4. Richardson firefighter and top foodie opens cheeky new ice cream shop. In time for summer comes Tongue in Cheek Ice Cream, a new shop in Richardson at 526 W. Arapaho Rd., opening in early July.
5. Majestic herons move into modest summer home in Casa View Dallas. A four-part series chronicled the adventures of some yellow-crowned night heron birds that made themselves at home in the Casa View neighborhood of Dallas this spring. One writer watched as they settled in, hatched baby chicks, found food, and then left the nest.