This week's hot headlines
Filipino fried chicken spot roosts in this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Filipino chain Jollibee fixes up fried chicken for opening day in Dallas. An eagerly anticipated chicken restaurant is about to make its central Dallas debut: Jollibee, the global Filipino restaurant brand with fried chicken, chicken sandwiches, and Peach Mango Pie dessert, will open its long-awaited first location in Dallas in a former Jack in the Box at 4703 Greenville Ave. on Wednesday, November 29.
2. Scotched sale of downtown Dallas YMCA gives fitness buffs a reprieve. Downtown Dallas fitness buffs can breathe a sigh of relief: A mystery buyer who bid on the downtown Dallas YMCA building has dropped out after several months of negotiations.
3. Where to drink in Dallas right now: 5 bars gone crazy for the holiday. Holiday-themed pop-up bars have officially swept the Dallas-Fort Worth restaurant-bar scene in 2023, moving from a special-circumstance oddity into an expanding trend. This edition of Where to Drink spotlights five locals doing their own versions.
4. Dallas is among the 15 most 'house rich' cities in U.S., report says. With high interest rates and home prices making daily headlines, houses in Texas' current real estate market may seem out of reach for many potential homebuyers. But that isn't the case in Dallas. A new study has revealed Dallas is the No. 15 most "house rich" major city in the nation.
5. Global London Asian chain Wagamama preps noodles for big Dallas debut. A global noodle joint is opening in Dallas: Wagamama, the iconic global restaurant brand offering modern Asian cuisine, is making its Texas debut in Dallas with a location at 2425 Harry Hines Blvd. opening on December 8.