Immersive arts venture Meow Wolf signs on 15 Dallas-area food vendors
The popular immersive arts venture Meow Wolf, slated to open a new "portal" in Grapevine this summer, will be joined by an accompanying slate of food and beverage vendors, ranging from empanadas to nitrogen ice cream to craft beer to pies.
Meow Wolf is the Santa Fe-based art collective turned national psychedelic sensation, which has multiple portals (locations is too boring a word) open to the public in Denver, Las Vegas, and Santa Fe, with two new portals coming to Texas: Grapevine in 2023, and Houston in 2024.
These vendors were selected for their creativity, impact on their communities, and their ability to not just feed visitors, but contribute to the kaleidoscopic experience for which Meow Wolf is known.
“Our cafe is an extension of the immersive art world that is Meow Wolf Grapevine,” says Meow Wolf Director of Operations Mandy Cooper in a statment. "As a certified B-Corporation, our goal is to provide economic opportunity that supports local, women, and minority-owned small businesses."
The other benefit, she notes, is that "if you taste something you like, you can visit and support these businesses right here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area."
They've partnered with more than 15 local food and beverage artists, as follows, in alphabetical order:
- All Y'alls Food. Plant-based jerkies and bits
- Blended Family Foods. Salsas and sauces
- Buzzed Bull Creamery. Liquid nitrogen ice cream
- Celestial Beerworks. Dallas craft beer brewery
- Celzo Co. Agua fresca, lightly carbonated vitamin-infused refreshment with exotic flavors
- Del Campo Empanadas. Handmade baked empanadas and artisanal Argentinian pastries
- GNS Foods. Family-run woman-owned nut business in Arlington
- Hive Bakery. One-of-a-kind pastries, with an authentic voice
- HTeaO Grapevine. Texas tea
- Judy Pie. Sweet and savory pies just like Grandma used to make
- JuiceLand. Juices and smoothies, with locations in Austin, Houston, and Dallas
- Mac and Cream. Modern French macaron bakery, inspired by French and Asian cultures
- Melt Ice Cream. Ice creams made with high percentage of butterfat
- Nikki's Popcorn Company. Unique and interesting popcorn flavors
- Noble Coyote Coffee Roasters. High-quality sustainability coffee company in Dallas' Expo Park
- Peaberry Coffee. Oak Cliff craft coffee shop with the first and only canned iced coffee
- Purpose Tea. Healthy brewed tea made from the purple tea leaf