Attention, sports fans: The Tailgate is almost here. CultureMap Dallas' newest signature event is happening October 13 at The Empire Room, and you'll want to be there.
Why? Because even if you aren't a football fanatic, hockey hound, soccer supporter, or basketball and baseball buff, you're probably a big fan of fantastic local food and drinks.
Here's what's on the menu:
- 2021 Tastemaker Awards Hero Award winner Meaders Ozarow from Empire Baking Co. will be serving pastrami and pimento cheese sandwiches.
- Carte Blanche's Amy La Rue, the 2022 Tastemaker Awards Pastry Chef of the Year winner, is presenting a whole smorgasbord of sweet treats: s'mores hand pies, maple and beer glazed doughnuts, and brown butter chocolate chip cookies.
- 2022 Tastemaker Awards Best New Restaurant winner Dusty Biscuit Beignets is bringing a taste of New Orleans with duck and andouille gumbo-smothered beignets and a glazed mini beignet trio.
- 2022 Tastemaker Awards Best New Pizza winner 400 Gradi will have two pizzas: margherita and hot salami
- TLC Vegan Kitchen, the 2021 Tastemaker Awards Best Ghost Kitchen winner, is taking care of the non-meat-eaters with creamy Better Balance chicken arrabbiata.
- smoked wings from Jaxon Texas Kitchen & Beer Garden
- Snuffer's famous cheddar fries
- buttermilk popcorn chicken from Village Burger Bar
- quesabiria tacos from Cafe Herrera at the Omni Dallas Hotel
- Texas-style barbecue pork belly from District
- a variety of pizzas from Urban Crust
- meatballs and pomodoro from Postino
- smoked pork belly from One90 Smoked Meats
- brisket sliders from Loro Asian Smokehouse & Bar
- five different flavors of gelato from Zero Gradi
Whole Foods Market will have a game-day catering spread and a variety of 365 favorites for tailgating — learn all about their delicious options here.
Cast your vote on-site to choose the best tailgate dish, and we’ll announce the winner at the end of the event.
To wet your whistle, there will be signature cocktails by 1800 Tequila and Dripping Springs Vodka — just wait until you taste the Sideline Rita and QB Crusher — plus Austin Cocktails and beer.
Blackland Distillery, the 2020 Tastemaker Awards Bar of the Year winner, will also feature a variety of premium bourbon tastings highlighting local flavors.
Aside from the concessions, expect game-day activities and fun yard games, the chance to meet Dallas Cowboys mascot Rowdy, and there just might be appearances from your favorite athletes, who will be shining a spotlight on the sports-related nonprofits they support and giving you the chance to pitch in and make a difference for the causes they champion.
Get your tickets now, and use promo code FOOD15 to get $15 off tickets. We’ll see you on October 13.